Thursday, March 31, 2011

Quiet

It is rarely quiet here. Unfortunatly it is often my own voice I hear, repremanding, becoming impatient, yelling when the children come to me arguing. Right now we have 8 people living in our 2 bedroom house. It is going to be noisy. Yet I yearn for the quiet life, time when I can think, time to be creative, time to reflect. I lived a life full of quiet until I had children. Then into my life they came with all their laughing, yelling, whining, bickering, singing, stomping, crying and complaining. I want it this way, but I need to do it better. I need to foster an environment of contentment, of internal quiet.

"Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning...but the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price." 1 Peter 3:3-4

It was quiet here when I started writing. It was the deep quiet of nap time; sleeping baby, sleeping 3 year old, sleeping 4 year old. My 5 and 7 year old were peacefully doing their own activities. It was quiet.
Now they are all awake. I want to bring that quietness in. I will water it with my own spirit of contentment. I will shine upon it with the light of a thankful smile. I will surrender my will to that of my Heavenly Father who says "Peace,be still" (Mark 4:39).

No comments:

Post a Comment