Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A simple life?

I recently picked up a used book entitled “ A Women’s Guide to a Simpler Life” by Andrea Van Steenhouse. A lot of the thoughts and ideas that the author touches on really resonate with me. I found myself feeling confirmed in choices that I had been making for my own life. My heart was resonating with what she was saying as truth. Feelings however can be deceptive and I should be weighing this book in the scales of scripture not emotion.

These guidelines for a simpler life are either based on godly principles or worldly ones. This then leads me to question my deeper presupposition, that a simple life is pleasing to the Lord. What if I am wrong and my search for simplicity is a selfish one? I have always held it to be virtuous to strive for simplicity. Now I am left wondering…

No comments:

Post a Comment