Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Home in NJ

Well we now call NJ our home again, after 12 years away (almost). Looking for work for Bryan is our main occupation right now. Oh and changing poopy diapers...
It has been a bit of weather shock for me and the children. Seven months of perpetual summer in SW Florida weakened our resistance to coldness and all these cloudy days and precipitation have been a difficult adjustment. Being with Bryan makes it all OK though. We just pile on more clothing and have to cuddle up under more blankets. If we must go outside full snow gear is in order. I used to love the cold and snow and rain and sleet and overcast days that are wintertime in NJ, but my constitution had adjusted to high humidity and heat of Fort Myers Beach, so I am relying on my attitude (mind over matter) to overcome my icy fingers and frigid toes. I have been considering wearing fingerless gloves in the house but I wash too many dishes for that to be practical.
I finally have a computer for blogging again (thank you dear sister and brother-in-law)and once Bryan finds regular employment I will start writing more regularly again as well as looking for a paper that might publish my work. I was so blessed to have The Berthoud Surveyor in Colorado and The Island Sandpaper in Florida. The awesome editors at those papers gave me a place on their staff. Seeing my work in print is a thrill every time and I hope to find a new outlet for my writing. In the meantime I hope to turn my efforts back to blogging again, now that we are settled into our new apartment at Bryan's parents home.
We have been the recipient of so much charity in the past few months. It is a very humbling experience.
Lots to write about but no time right now. I need to get Izzy ready for half day kindergartenand feed her and the boys some lunch all while avoiding eating too much myself. Here's to trying!
Home in NJ, it still sounds wierd to me.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Together again! I am so happy for you guys. A happy that is tempered only by the thought that you're really gone and, in all probability, I'm never going to see you again. Sad day! At least in this modern age there isn't a month long wait for mail!

    I'll be watching your blog, glad you got a computer!

    Mrs. Pugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dont say that Diane! You will see me again, it may just be a very long time...
    :(
    Thank you for all your help while we were still in Berthoud! It wold have been so much more difficult without your help when Bryan was traveling, you brought us life saving ice pops and ginger ale! There are more ways that you have helped us then I can mention. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete